Shannon Cheyne, the manager of the Folsom Historic District Association says construction is still targeted to meet substantial completion before Thanksgiving, November 23.
So far, mother nature has been on our side. The Contractor, Teichert, is committed to removing all heavy equipment from the street during business hours between Thanksgiving to New Years. At the last coffee chat, merchants agreed to allow Teichert to work 2 am to 10:30 am, if needed, after Thanksgiving.
- Street Light Pole bases and receptacles are installed. Poles and Lighting installation this week. Wiring and SMUD coordination for turn on by Thanksgiving.
- Site furnishings (benches/trash receptacles/etc) to be installed prior to Thanksgiving.
- Façade work has begun. 813 and 815 is in progress. 811, 801 and 805 façade work will start next week.
- South side granite curbing/lower level concrete/curb and gutter/ramps complete. Final concrete on 800 block to be complete by the weekend.
- Handrails and site furnishings installed prior to Thanksgiving
- Street Light Pole bases and receptacles are installed. Poles and Lighting installation this week. Wiring and SMUD coordination for turn on by Thanksgiving
- Retaining Wall work on 600 and Scott is progressing.
- Wool closed for final Sewer/Storm/Water. North Wool will be closed 24 hours a day 11/1 thru 11/20. South Wool will be opened up for this weekend.
- Scott Road from the 604 building parking garage south to Figueroa closed 24 hours a day until curb and pavement are completed in approximately 1 week.
- Building downspout/drainage connections that go beneath the new sidewalk and stub up at new façade posts will continue for the next week as night work from 5PM to 3:30AM.
- Construction of façade grade beam, adjustment of utility covers, added conduits for canopy lighting follows the downspout and drainage beneath sidewalk work.
- Replacement of sidewalks adjacent to merchants’ buildings follows the above work. Target completion 11/20
- Construction of lower level curb and gutter and concrete parking will continue through the holiday season until complete – shift of 2AM – 1030AM.
- Lighting targeted to complete early December.
- Façade designs are in progress. The Historic District Commission meet next week to review designs.